- Using ActionCable to work with WebSockets
- Rendering templates independently of controllers
- Creating JSON API applications
- Using Turbolinks for faster page loads
- Working with new ActiveRecord features
- Leveraging improvements to date and time, parameters, and more
- Understanding deprecations and deletions
Skill Level Intermediate
(xylophone music) - [Voiceover] Welcome to Ruby on Rails 5 New Features. My name is Kevin Skoglund. In this course, you will cover the new features, improvements and other important changes to Ruby on Rails version 5. We will learn how to use the most important features of Rails 5, including action cable, action controller renderer, turbolinks, the active records, attributes API, and how to use Rails exclusively as a Json API. Then we will discuss the many other smaller changes in improvements such as the Rails command router, new date and time methods, secure tokens, and changes to parameters.
Finally, we'll survey the features that are being deprecated or completely removed. This is an important topic if you have an existing project that uses any of these features. Let's get started learning about the new features in Ruby on Rails 5.