- Creating and configuring a new Ruby on Rails project
- Generating controllers and views
- Handling server requests
- Using different types of routes
- Rendering and viewing templates
- Generating migrations and models
- Creating, updating, and deleting records
- Finding records with queries
- Understanding relationship types
- Writing controllers for CRUD
- Working with layouts and helpers
- Managing application assets
- Building forms
- Validating data
- Authenticating users
Skill Level Beginner
- [Kevin] Welcome to Ruby on Rails 5: Essential Training. My name is Kevin Skoglund, and I run a web development company called Nova Fabrica. We develop web applications, using Ruby on Rails. In this course we're going to learn this popular, open source web development framework. We'll walk through each part of the framework while we also cover best practices, and real world web development techniques. We will route browser request to controller actions, which return dynamic page content. We will learn to manage the data base table structure and interact with the data stored inside it.
We will discover how to work with relational data base associations effectively. We will learn to use important design principles, for creating, reading, updating, and deleting our database records. We will learn about Rails built in helpers, form validations, and how to perform user authentication. Throughout the process we will gain practical, hands-on experience, by building a complete Ruby on Rails application. We will cover all the fundamentals you need to begin creating rich web applications, that can leverage the power of relational data bases. Let's get started learning Ruby on Rails.
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Get Started
3. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
4. Databases and Migrations
5. Models and ActiveRecord
7. CRUD, REST, and Resourceful Routes
8. Controllers and CRUD
9. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
12. Data Validation
13. Controller Features
14. User Authentication
15. Improve the Simple CMS
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.