- Understanding MVC (Model View Controller ) architecture
- Routing browser requests through the framework
- Responding to requests with dynamic content
- Defining associations and database relationships
- Creating, reading, updating and deleting records
- Working with forms
- Validating form data
- Reviewing built-in security features
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Debugging and error handling
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Ruby on Rails Essential Training. My name is Kevin Skoglund. I run a web development company called Nova Fabrica, where we develop applications and websites using Ruby on Rails. In this course, we're going to learn Ruby on Rails, the popular open-source web development framework. We will learn how to use Ruby on Rails to interact with the database and manage our database schema. We will learn how to handle browser requests and control the resulting actions. I'll walk you through the steps to develop templates to create, read, update, and delete database records. We'll discover how to work with relational database associations effectively.
Finally, you will gain practical hands-on experience by building a complete Ruby on Rails application, a simple content management system. Now, it doesn't matter if you're a complete beginner or if you have some prior experience. We'll cover all of the fundamentals you need to begin creating rich web applications that can leverage the power of relational databases. So, let's get started learning Ruby on Rails.
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
12. Data Validation
13. User Authentication
14. Improving the Simple CMS
15. Debugging and Error Handling
16. Introducing More Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.