Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Problems with MySQL RubyGem, part of Ruby on Rails 4 Essential Training.
…In the last movie, we talked about how to install the MySQL RubyGem.…And I even talked about some of the common problems…that people run into when trying to compile and install it.…In this movie, I want to talk…about another specific problem that may affect you.…It may be that you can compile and install the MySQL…2 RubyGem just fine, so that it looks like everything worked.…However when you go to use that MySQL 2 Gem, with your Rubion Rails project,…or just from Ruby directly, you'll discover that…you run into an error at run time.…
That specific error is called a segmentation…fault and the reason it's happening is because…MySQL's libmysql dot lib file is not compatible…with the compiler that comes with Ruby Installer.…It took a little while for everyone to diagnose the issue, figure…out exactly what the problem was and start to work up some fixes.…So we don't have a fix for this particular…bug at the time that I'm recording this, but any…day now, an update could be released to RubyInstaller or…to MySQL's library file, to make this incompatibility resolve itself.…
- Why use Ruby on Rails?
- Installing Ruby on Rails on Mac and Windows
- Rendering templates and redirecting requests
- Generating and running database migrations
- Creating, updating, and deleting records
- Understanding association types
- Using layouts, partials, and view helpers
- Incorporating assets using asset pipeline
- Validating form data
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Architecting RESTful applications
- Debugging and error handing
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
13. Data Validation
14. User Authentication
15. Improving the Simple CMS
16. REST and RESTful Routes
17. Debugging and Error Handling
18. Introducing More Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.