…Web site security is not a beginner topic, and the subject goes very deep.…But I think it's important for us to discuss…at least one aspect of security at this beginner level.…If for no other reason, because Rails has this feature turned on by default.…And you should understand what it's doing for you.…In this movie, we'll be looking at Cross-Site Request…Forgery and how Rails helps us to prevent it.…Cross-Site Request Forgery is often abbreviated as…CSR,F and sometimes pronounced as C surf.…What is CSRF.…Imagine that you log into your bank account via the bank's web site.…
When you done with your banking, you don't…log out, you just close the browser Window.…You then open up a new Window and start surfing around until you…visit a page on another web site that includes a special image tag.…Instead of linking to an actual image, the source of…that image is a URL that points to your bank.…It's designed to make a request to your bank's website and the…request has been carefully constructed to do bad things if it succeeds.…
- Why use Ruby on Rails?
- Installing Ruby on Rails on Mac and Windows
- Rendering templates and redirecting requests
- Generating and running database migrations
- Creating, updating, and deleting records
- Understanding association types
- Using layouts, partials, and view helpers
- Incorporating assets using asset pipeline
- Validating form data
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Architecting RESTful applications
- Debugging and error handing
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
13. Data Validation
14. User Authentication
15. Improving the Simple CMS
16. REST and RESTful Routes
17. Debugging and Error Handling
18. Introducing More Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.