Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Number helpers, part of Ruby on Rails 3 Essential Training.
In this movie, we'll take a look at Rails number helpers.…We won't spend a lot of time on these, because I think they're pretty…straightforward, but they can be extremely useful.…There are six main helpers that help you to format numbers for display.…I have arranged them in roughly the order that I think you're going to use them.…number_to_currency, number_to_ percentage, number_with_precision,…number_with_delimiter, number_to_ human_size, and number_to_phone.…Notice that, number_with_precision and number_with_delimiter have "with" as…the second word not "to."…All six of these helper methods take a number as their first argument, and a…hash of options as their second argument.…
You only need to pass in a hash of options if you want to override Rails defaults.…I've listed off what options you can pass in for each one.…For most of them, the delimiter is going to default to being a comma.…That would be like the thousands separator, so 1,000.…The separator character by default will typically be the period.…
- Understanding MVC (Model View Controller ) architecture
- Routing browser requests through the framework
- Responding to requests with dynamic content
- Defining associations and database relationships
- Creating, reading, updating and deleting records
- Working with forms
- Validating form data
- Reviewing built-in security features
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Debugging and error handling
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
12. Data Validation
13. User Authentication
14. Improving the Simple CMS
15. Debugging and Error Handling
16. Introducing More Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.