Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Number helpers, part of Ruby on Rails 4 Essential Training.
…In this movie we'll take a look at the…helpers that Rails provides to help us output numbers.…We won't spend a lot of time on…the numbers helpers because I think they're pretty straightforward.…There are seven main helpers that help you to format numbers for display.…I've arranged them in roughly the order I think you're going to use them.…We've number_to_currency.…Number_to_percentage,…number_with_precision, number_with_delimiter,…number_to_human, number_to_human_size and number_to_phone.…Notice that all of them follow the same…naming pattern, number_to_ followed by whatever they're converting…to with the exception of those two in…the middle, number with precision, number with delimiter.…
They use the word with instead of to.…These have long been an exception to the naming pattern in Rails.…However, starting in Rails 4, we have some new methods.…Number_to_rounded and number_to_delimited, which do the same…thing but which follow that standard naming pattern.…So number_with_precision, number_with_delimiter still work,…
- Why use Ruby on Rails?
- Installing Ruby on Rails on Mac and Windows
- Rendering templates and redirecting requests
- Generating and running database migrations
- Creating, updating, and deleting records
- Understanding association types
- Using layouts, partials, and view helpers
- Incorporating assets using asset pipeline
- Validating form data
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Architecting RESTful applications
- Debugging and error handing
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
13. Data Validation
14. User Authentication
15. Improving the Simple CMS
16. REST and RESTful Routes
17. Debugging and Error Handling
18. Introducing More Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.