Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Ruby on Rails 5 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] I would like to thank…you for taking Ruby on Rails 5: Essential Training with me.…Since you're now a part of the Ruby on Rails…developer community I want to make sure…that you know where you can get answers…and find other Rails developers…who can offer you support as you continue…to improve your skills.…The best place to get started is always rubyonrails.org.…That's the main Ruby on Rails website…and from there there are links to some…other important resources.…You can see here that there's a link to Blog.…This will give you updates about…the latest developments in Ruby on Rails.…Whenever something new and exciting happens…they post it there.…
The guides are an excellent resource…for finding out more information…about all different parts of Rails.…If you want to learn more about Asset Pipeline,…if you'd like to dive deeper into how…routing works, or learn more about…how you can debug your Rails applications…this is a great resource for you to turn to.…In addition, there's also the API.…And the API allows you to look up information…
- Creating and configuring a new Ruby on Rails project
- Generating controllers and views
- Handling server requests
- Using different types of routes
- Rendering and viewing templates
- Generating migrations and models
- Creating, updating, and deleting records
- Finding records with queries
- Understanding relationship types
- Writing controllers for CRUD
- Working with layouts and helpers
- Managing application assets
- Building forms
- Validating data
- Authenticating users
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Get Started
3. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
4. Databases and Migrations
5. Models and ActiveRecord
7. CRUD, REST, and Resourceful Routes
8. Controllers and CRUD
9. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
12. Data Validation
13. Controller Features
14. User Authentication
15. Improve the Simple CMS
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.