Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video MySQL DLL fix, part of Ruby on Rails 3 Essential Training.
I want to take a moment to address a problem that you may run into in later…chapters when working with Windows, Ruby and MySQL.…I say may run into, because hopefully future versions of Windows, Ruby, or MySQL…will address this issue.…But until then I want to give you some direction on how to resolve it.…You don't need to do any of these fixes just yet, but come back to this movie…when you get to the chapters where Ruby on Rails is communicating with MySQL…if you have problems.…If you don't run into problems, you won't need to apply any of these fixes.…The issue that you may run into is that Ruby isn't able to communicate with…MySQL due to a missing or incompatible DLL file.…
You may have run into DLL files in other contexts.…It's a dynamic link library, and in Windows a lot of functionality is kept…in these DLL files.…In this case, we are trying to have the functionality so that Ruby can talk…to MySQL successfully.…The symptoms that you may experience that will let you know this is the problem…
- Understanding MVC (Model View Controller ) architecture
- Routing browser requests through the framework
- Responding to requests with dynamic content
- Defining associations and database relationships
- Creating, reading, updating and deleting records
- Working with forms
- Validating form data
- Reviewing built-in security features
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Debugging and error handling
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
12. Data Validation
13. User Authentication
14. Improving the Simple CMS
15. Debugging and Error Handling
16. Introducing More Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.