- Installing Ruby on Rails on macOS
- Choosing a text editor for Ruby on Rails development
- Running Ruby on Rails on Windows
- Creating and launching a new Ruby on Rails project
- Configuring a project to use a database
Skill Level Beginner
- Ruby on Rails is a popular opensource web development framework. It allows developers to quickly build websites that use backend databases. It takes much of the pain out of adding new features. You can develop faster because it makes great use of best practices, object oriented programming, and sensible default configurations. This course is designed to get everything set up so that you can either start building projects with Ruby on Rails or continue learning with other Ruby on Rails courses such as Ruby on Rails essential training. My name is Kevin Skoglund. I've been using Ruby on Rails since 2006 starting with the very first version and I run a web development company that has built dozens of real world Ruby on Rails applications for our clients. I have tried many web development frameworks over the years and Ruby on Rails is by far my favorite. I'm excited to help you as you begin your exploration to see what it can do for you. Let's get started installing Ruby on Rails.