Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Homebrew, part of Ruby on Rails 3 Essential Training.
The open source world can be a chaotic place.…Anyone can create software and put it out on the internet.…And then any user can download it, but the internet is a really big place.…So we need easy ways to find open source software to be able to install it, and…then to manage it over time either upgrading…to new versions or deleting it in the future.…So the open source world offers a lot of…different package managers to help us with this process.…One of the best package…managers for Mac is called Homebrew, and…we will install Homebrew next, because it will…make it easier for us to install the…other components of the software that we'll need.…
And I think that you'll discover that Homebrew is a great way…to download and manage all of your open source software on the Mac.…In order to get started with Homebrew, you just go to http://mxcl.github.io/homebrew.…So this is the page that will tell you more information about…Homebrew and everything you need to know, talk about how to use it.…Most importantly, though, you'll want to look for on…
- Understanding MVC (Model View Controller ) architecture
- Routing browser requests through the framework
- Responding to requests with dynamic content
- Defining associations and database relationships
- Creating, reading, updating and deleting records
- Working with forms
- Validating form data
- Reviewing built-in security features
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Debugging and error handling
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
12. Data Validation
13. User Authentication
14. Improving the Simple CMS
15. Debugging and Error Handling
16. Introducing More Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.