…The open-source world can be a chaotic place.…Anyone can create software and put it out on…the Internet, and then any user can download it.…But the Internet is a really big place.…So we need easy ways to find open-source software, to be…able to install it and then to manage it over time.…Either upgrading to new versions or deleting it in the future.…So the open-source world offer a lot of…different package managers to help us with this process.…One of the best package managers for Mac is…called Homebrew, and we will install Homebrew next because…it will make it easier for us to install…the other components of the software that we'll need.…
And I think that you'll discover that Homebrew is a great way…to download and manage all of your open source software on the Mac.…So this is the page that'll tell you more…about information about Homebrew and everything you need to know.…Talk about how to use it.…Most importantly though,you'll want to look for on…the page, where there's instructions on how to install.…And they've tried to make it very easy for…
- Why use Ruby on Rails?
- Installing Ruby on Rails on Mac and Windows
- Rendering templates and redirecting requests
- Generating and running database migrations
- Creating, updating, and deleting records
- Understanding association types
- Using layouts, partials, and view helpers
- Incorporating assets using asset pipeline
- Validating form data
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Architecting RESTful applications
- Debugging and error handing
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
13. Data Validation
14. User Authentication
15. Improving the Simple CMS
16. REST and RESTful Routes
17. Debugging and Error Handling
18. Introducing More Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.