Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Ruby on Rails 3 Essential Training.
I would like to thank you for taking Ruby on Rails Essential Training with me.…Since you're now part of the Ruby on Rails community, I want to make sure that…you know we can get answers and find other Rails developers who can offer you…support and ideas as you continue to improve your skills.…The main website for Ruby on Rails is of course rubyonrails.org.…That's the best place to go to find all the other resources that you need.…In fact most of them are right here at the beginning.…Get Started is everything you need about being able to download and upgrade…to future versions.…Get Better is where you'll find the API, guides, and other books and…resources that you can use.…
The API also incidentally, is just api.rubyonrails.org. That will take you to the…API so you can see the current documentation. You can search by method names or…by class names to find out how things work.…So for example, if we want to know how assert_ blank works, there we go we get description.…We also can see the actual source code here, and same thing if we have…
- Understanding MVC (Model View Controller ) architecture
- Routing browser requests through the framework
- Responding to requests with dynamic content
- Defining associations and database relationships
- Creating, reading, updating and deleting records
- Working with forms
- Validating form data
- Reviewing built-in security features
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Debugging and error handling
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
12. Data Validation
13. User Authentication
14. Improving the Simple CMS
15. Debugging and Error Handling
16. Introducing More Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.