Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Form option helpers, part of Ruby on Rails 3 Essential Training.
In addition the form helpers from the last movie Rails also offers helper…methods to work with HTML select option text.…That is when a form needs a pulldown menu of options that you can select from.…We'll begin by looking at the simplest, the Select helper.…Now I'm showing you the syntax for the select helper into two forms.…The first is for when it's called by itself and the first object then needs to…be the object that we're going to be using.…The second is for use inside form_for, where we have a local variable f that…already represents the object.…Now for the most part the helper is going to work the same way as the other helpers.…
It's going to take an attribute of the object, use its value for determining the…selected value, and then accept the hash of options and HTML options.…The main option that we'll use here are going to be include blank if you want a…blank option as the first selectable choice, and selected if you want to force…it to select something other than the value of the attribute. The values that…
- Understanding MVC (Model View Controller ) architecture
- Routing browser requests through the framework
- Responding to requests with dynamic content
- Defining associations and database relationships
- Creating, reading, updating and deleting records
- Working with forms
- Validating form data
- Reviewing built-in security features
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Debugging and error handling
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
12. Data Validation
13. User Authentication
14. Improving the Simple CMS
15. Debugging and Error Handling
16. Introducing More Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.