Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Deploying, part of Ruby on Rails 3 Essential Training.
In this chapter, we are going to touch on a few more advanced topics.…These are big topics that go beyond the scope of an essential training, but I…want to give you some exposure to them, because you will definitely encounter…them as you grow as a Rails developer.…I think it will be helpful to have a basic understanding of them as a foundation…for further exploration.…The first topic we'll look at is deploying your application.…Okay, so you've finished developing your wonderful amazing Rails application.…It's time to forever change life as we know it by releasing it to the public.…How do you do that?…Well I have broken it down into four steps.…First, you find an ISP that offers Rails hosting.…
You set up an account with them and install all the software you'll need on…their remote server.…Then you pick a web server and you set that up.…And finally, you gather a few tools to help you to deploy your code.…Now there are few more non-Rails tasks that you'll probably want to do, like…buying a domain name, setting up the DNS, creating e-mail accounts, but those…
- Understanding MVC (Model View Controller ) architecture
- Routing browser requests through the framework
- Responding to requests with dynamic content
- Defining associations and database relationships
- Creating, reading, updating and deleting records
- Working with forms
- Validating form data
- Reviewing built-in security features
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Debugging and error handling
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
12. Data Validation
13. User Authentication
14. Improving the Simple CMS
15. Debugging and Error Handling
16. Introducing More Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.