Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Date and time form helpers, part of Ruby on Rails 3 Essential Training.
Rails also has select option form helpers that are specially designed for…working with dates and times.…Web development can be extremely tedious to take a date and time, to break it…up in the five or six different select option tags, generate the options for…each one, and also determine which option should be currently selected.…Then once the parameters are submitted then we also have to take all those…parameters and reassemble them into a date again before we submit them into the database.…Fortunately, the Rails helpers make this process much easier.…We are going to look at the three main helpers.…There is date_Select, time_ select and then the combination of the…two, datetime_select.…
date_select is just when we are only working with the date or when we don't care…about the time, we just want to have whatever default time set, which will…typically get defaulted to midnight.…The date_select will work just like selected, but it will generate three…different select option tags in a row: one for the year, one for the month…
- Understanding MVC (Model View Controller ) architecture
- Routing browser requests through the framework
- Responding to requests with dynamic content
- Defining associations and database relationships
- Creating, reading, updating and deleting records
- Working with forms
- Validating form data
- Reviewing built-in security features
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Debugging and error handling
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
12. Data Validation
13. User Authentication
14. Improving the Simple CMS
15. Debugging and Error Handling
16. Introducing More Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.