Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Date and time form helpers, part of Ruby on Rails 4 Essential Training.
…Rails also has select option form helpers that…are specially designed for working with dates and times.…It can be extremely tedious to take a date and…time and break it up into five or six different…select option tags, generate all the options for each one…of those, and determine which options should be currently selected.…Then once the perimeters are submitted to the controller, you need to…take all of those perimeters and reassemble them into a date again.…Fortunately the Rails helpers make this process much easier.…
We're going to look at the three main helpers.…First we have date select.…Date select will work just like select did, but it…will generate three different select option tags in a row.…One for the year, one for the month, one for the day.…We don't have to pass in choices like we did…with the select helper, because Rails knows which choices to offer.…The choices are going to be dates.…The helper knows how dates work, it knows the months of the year.…It know how many days are in the month etcetera.…
- Why use Ruby on Rails?
- Installing Ruby on Rails on Mac and Windows
- Rendering templates and redirecting requests
- Generating and running database migrations
- Creating, updating, and deleting records
- Understanding association types
- Using layouts, partials, and view helpers
- Incorporating assets using asset pipeline
- Validating form data
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Architecting RESTful applications
- Debugging and error handing
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
13. Data Validation
14. User Authentication
15. Improving the Simple CMS
16. REST and RESTful Routes
17. Debugging and Error Handling
18. Introducing More Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.