In this challenge, you will use what we've learned in this chapter to create the migrations we will need for our content management system. Write migrations for the subject, page, and section models.
(swoosh)…- [Voiceover] We're ready for challenge assignment.…In this challenge, you will use what we've learned…in this chapter to create the migrations we need…for our content management system.…First, let me give you an idea of the structure…that I have in mind for the content management system.…Let's begin by looking at a sample layout…for what I think a page will look like.…That is the content that will be displayed to the public.…There's going to be a navigation on the left…which shows the available pages of content…grouped by their subject.…We can click on any page name and…it will take us to that page.…
The content of each page will be displayed on the right.…Each page will be composed of several sections.…In my example, we're looking at page three…and we see that there are three sections of content.…The hierarchy is subject,…page,…section.…Another way to diagram it would be like this.…A subject has several pages…and then a page has several sections.…This concept where we have many objects that belong…to another object is common with relational databases.…
- Creating and configuring a new Ruby on Rails project
- Generating controllers and views
- Handling server requests
- Using different types of routes
- Rendering and viewing templates
- Generating migrations and models
- Creating, updating, and deleting records
- Finding records with queries
- Understanding relationship types
- Writing controllers for CRUD
- Working with layouts and helpers
- Managing application assets
- Building forms
- Validating data
- Authenticating users
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Get Started
3. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
4. Databases and Migrations
5. Models and ActiveRecord
7. CRUD, REST, and Resourceful Routes
8. Controllers and CRUD
9. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
12. Data Validation
13. Controller Features
14. User Authentication
15. Improve the Simple CMS
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.