Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Admin user CRUD, part of Ruby on Rails 3 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this chapter, I'd like us to spend a little time improving our simple CMS.…Up until this point, we've been doing a little work here, and a little work there.…But now it's time to begin whipping things into shape, so that this can become a…full and respectable working application.…We'll start by creating the Admin User CRUD, to allow us to maintain the list of…site administrators.…We never created it before, and now that we've set up our user authentication I…think we are ready for it.…This is also a great place to begin our improvements, because you should have…acquired all of the skills that you need to do this entirely for yourself.…It would be an opportunity for you to apply and review everything we've covered so far.…
Here is what I suggest.…I'll go over a list of requirements for the CRUD.…Then you can pause the movie and try to do it all on your own.…If you get stuck, refer back to the CRUD that we created for subjects,…pages, and sections.…Then when you are ready, un-pause the movie and I'll show you how I did it so…
- Understanding MVC (Model View Controller ) architecture
- Routing browser requests through the framework
- Responding to requests with dynamic content
- Defining associations and database relationships
- Creating, reading, updating and deleting records
- Working with forms
- Validating form data
- Reviewing built-in security features
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Debugging and error handling
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
12. Data Validation
13. User Authentication
14. Improving the Simple CMS
15. Debugging and Error Handling
16. Introducing More Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.