Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Accessing a project, part of Ruby on Rails 3 Essential Training.
In the last movie we created our first…Ruby On Rails application and without doing any configuration…to it at all, we're already going to to…be able to access the project through the browser.…Let's see how to do that.…So when we left off before, I had already…navigated my command line into the application itself, simple underscore…cms, and I also have it open here in a…finder window just so we can see the actual folders.…These are the same things in both of these.…They're alphabetized a little differently because of the way one…of them alphabetizes capital letters, but it's the same contents.…
Now in order to see this we have to launch the web server, right.…Now we're not using Apache even though that's installed…already, or IIS, or anything that might already be installed.…What we're going to be using is the one that comes with Rails which is WEBrick.…Now it used to be, that you could just fire…up WEBrick, and do some basic connections to your rails…application, without doing any additional configuration.…
- Understanding MVC (Model View Controller ) architecture
- Routing browser requests through the framework
- Responding to requests with dynamic content
- Defining associations and database relationships
- Creating, reading, updating and deleting records
- Working with forms
- Validating form data
- Reviewing built-in security features
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Debugging and error handling
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
12. Data Validation
13. User Authentication
14. Improving the Simple CMS
15. Debugging and Error Handling
16. Introducing More Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.