Join Neil Perlin for an in-depth discussion in this video What to know before watching this course, part of RoboHelp 2015 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] What do you need to know to take this course? You need a basic familiarity with Microsoft Windows, how to use a mouse, how to control files through Windows Explorer, and so on. You need to understand some basic online information concepts, such as topic-based authoring and single sourcing. But the course will introduce them and explain them enough to get you going. Finally, you need a basic familiarity with styles, such as in Microsoft Word, but the course will explain styles in more detail, and how they work in RoboHelp.
What you don't need is to be a coder. We're going to keep you out of the code, so that you're using an interface that's going to look very much like Microsoft Word, simple and friendly.
- Creating and opening projects
- Managing topics
- Importing content from HTML, Word, or FrameMaker
- Inserting images
- Creating TOCs, glossaries, and links
- Formatting with CSS
- Creating a single source of content (single sourcing)
- Understanding outputs
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Intermediate
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Output concepts2m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.