Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using style mapping, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
Your printed document that you're about to generate can look very different from…the content you view online from your project created in RoboHelp, and that's…all determined by Style Mapping.…So that is actually the fourth step here that we've accessed, the last step in…saving and generating our Printed Document.…So if you have jumped to this lesson, just open up the How to Use LDC Print…project, double-click Printed Documentation, click the Next button right to the…last step here where you will see the default setting, which is at the top to…Use Styles from the Stylesheet.…
What Style Sheet is that?…Whatever is selected down below.…Notice the Apply CSS to all Topics is defaulted to None using the project's CSS…styles, but you can click this dropdown and choose your own like the How to…Use.css that we've been working with in our project.…That way your Printed Document is going to look exactly like it does on screen…when viewing it online.…But there is another option and that is to Use Styles from a Microsoft Word…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.