Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using multiple TOCs, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
If you were following along with me in the previous lesson, we talked about…using conditional build tags to pick and choose what's going to be included in…our generated output.…We could also go to the Table of Contents and choose not to include entire TOC…books or entire topics or portions of the topic, but in those cases we might…also want to generate a different Table of Contents. This way we're not looking…at a Table of Contents with all of this markup, and you can create as many different…versions of a Table of Contents as you like for any given project.…
So all you have to do here--still, we're using our using LDC tags project--is go…to the Table of Contents pod, and you'll see a button here for creating and…viewing Table of Contents.…We're going to click that button.…We see our default, How to Use LDC, and all we're going to do is click the New…button to create a new Table of Contents.…Let's call this one our Condensed TOC.…And what's really nice is we can choose to use an existing Table of Contents as…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.