Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using inline styles, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
It's time now to discuss maybe one of the most stubborn styles available here in…RoboHelp 9; it's called the inline style.…Inline styles are created when you highlight content and then change the way it…looks by manually adding bold, italics, underline, maybe changing the font size…or color, for example.…The problem with inline styles is although it looks great for the moment, it…overrides any of the attributes in this CSS file.…So if you were to change the style sheet that you're applying to the topic, you'd…see all the changes except for the content where the inline style exist.…
You have to go in and manually make changes there.…Let me show you what I'm talking about.…We'll continue working with our How To Use LDC project here.…I close up any other topics, and we are just looking at the Welcome topic now.…So I will just click inside the topic, and let's say we want to highlight a few…words here in the first sentence.…I'll click and drag over Online Training Library, and I'll make a few…adjustments. Maybe it would be good if we bolded that so it stands out.…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.