Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
If you are a Premium subscriber to lynda.com, or if you have purchased this title…on DVD, you'll have access to the exercise files.…The exercise files allow you to follow along with me step by step as we move…through the movies and the chapters in this title.…So if you do plan on using the exercise files, I highly recommend placing them…in a location that's going to be easier for you to find, such as the desktop like I have here.…Now RoboHelp projects are typically made up of several folders and files, so when…you double-click the exercise files folder you are going to find subfolders…representing each of the chapters in this title.…
Double-click a chapter folder and you are going to find subfolders…representing each of the movies in this chapter and when you double-click one…of these folders, that's where you'll find the project folder that contains all…of the project files.…So the name of our RoboHelp project for Chapter 5 here is How to Use LDC Flash.…Now the course and these exercise files are designed to help you stay caught up with me.…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.