Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using and duplicating table styles, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
In the previous lesson, we learned just how simple it is to add a table to…one of your topics.…We entered some content into that table.…We added an extra column, an extra row.…All easily done without having to know any HTML coding.…Well, now it's time to make the Table look nice and there are a few…different ways to do that.…We can start formatting it manually, or we can start with a style, and that's…what we're going to do here in our Using LDC Tables project.…We're looking at the Memberships topic. We have our table.…We'll just click anywhere in the table now to apply a Style.…
Where do we get those styles?…From the Table menu;…click Table, go down to Table Style.…You'll see what's already been selected:…the default style and there's a preview.…Really there's not a lot of style at all in the default, but there are number of…templates to choose from.…As we start clicking them, we see previews of some pretty nice formatting.…And this third one down AlternateBlueWithHeader looks pretty good because our…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.