Table stylesheets let you set properties specifically for formatting tables in a project. They’re conceptually similar to a regular stylesheet but exclusively for tables. Learn how to create a table stylesheet and how to assign it to your tables.
- [Instructor] We often use tables in our topics,…and the question is always how do you format your tables?…We often format tables by hand doing local formatting,…but using styles is a much better approach…because we get consistency, and if we change a style…we see the change reflected in all the tables…in the project, or at least all the tables…to which we've applied those styles.…So what we're gonna do here is look at a topic…that contains unformatted tables…and then create some table styles.…
I'm going to open this topic called Table Topic.…Right here.…I have two tables in here…neither of which is formatted at all,…so what I wanna do now is add some table styles.…What I'll do is click inside the Table Topic,…and then I wanna display the styles page, so I'm gonna click…up on the menu on edit and then click on styles pod.…We get the styles and formatting pod over on the right.…Now let's click on the create new style icon…on the styles and formatting pod and…then select table style.…
We get the new table style dialog box,…
- Creating and opening projects
- Managing topics
- Importing content from HTML, Word, or FrameMaker
- Inserting images
- Creating TOCs, glossaries, and links
- Formatting with CSS
- Creating a single source of content (single sourcing)
- Understanding outputs
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 36m Beginner
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Output concepts2m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.