A traditional table of contents may seem old-fashioned, and irrelevant for online information, but the table of contents is one of the quickest and easiest ways to give users a big-picture “50 thousand foot view” of the information. Learn the concepts behind the basic table of contents in a RoboHelp project and why and how to create multiple tables of contents in a project.
- [Narrator] One of the most common types of navigation…that we find anywhere is the table of contents.…If you look at a book, you'll see a table of contents…with the individual items…pointing to different pages of the book.…When we go online, the same concept holds true,…except the items in the table of contents…are now pointing to individual topics,…rather than individual pages.…We can create a project that has one table of contents,…but RoboHelp lets us create one project…out of which we can generate multiple outputs,…say for the US and the Canadian audience,…which means we're going to need…multiple table of contents,…so that when we generate a particular output…we can say, "Use the US table of contents,"…or, "the Canadian table of contents."…We can do that by creating multiple tables of contents.…
Here's our output.…Output one uses table of contents one, and so on.…But we could also create one table of contents…that contains the information for all the outputs,…but then use a feature in RoboHelp called Conditionality,…
- Creating and opening projects
- Managing topics
- Importing content from HTML, Word, or FrameMaker
- Inserting images
- Creating TOCs, glossaries, and links
- Formatting with CSS
- Creating a single source of content (single sourcing)
- Understanding outputs
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 36m Beginner
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Output concepts2m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.