Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting general print properties, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
Alright, it's time to start generating our printed document.…Let's say we're creating a manual based on our online help system, and in this…case, we're going to use our How to Use LDC Print project, which you'll find in…the Chapter 14 folder of your Exercise Files.…And you can see we have a table of contents here that, when expanded, contains…several topics, and maybe we want to use this table of contents.…There is an index as well that we probably want to use.…We have See Also and a glossary here that we might want to use.…
So in those cases, these are all options or properties that we can choose to use…or not, as we generate our printed documentation, and to do that we go down to…the Signal Source Layouts and just double-click Printed Documentation.…This gets things started.…Now from the Printed Documentation Properties window, we can make a few…selections, like what are we going to generate, an Adobe PDF or a Word Document?…Let's say we want this to be a Word document.…We can select Generate Word DOC and choose the format, maybe the newer format,…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.