Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video More about projects, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
Let's dive a little bit deeper now into the various components of a typical…RoboHelp 9 help project.…Every help system is made up of different components, and they are going to vary…according to the help format you decide to deliver.…We will start with the project itself.…RoboHelp 9 HML creates a main project file and if we were to go to our exercise…files in the 02_02 subfolder of Chapter 2, you will find the How to Use…lynda.com folder. Double-clicking that opens it up to display all different…kinds of files that are part of this project.…
But as we scroll down, you are going to find one with the extension xpj, How_to_Use_lyndacom.xpj.…And this is the actual project file that you open to start working on your project.…Now it's going to contain information about your topics and the images you might…be using and other files.…And the project file also contains the settings that affect the appearance and…functionality of the Help system. Next is Topics.…As we go to the actual project and open it up in RoboHelp, we see a topic list down below.…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.