Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying table properties, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
By now we understand that using a table is an excellent way of controlling where…content is going to appear on your page when viewed in a browser, it's an…excellent way to align text, for example, but how do we determine where on the…page the table is going to appear, and the table size?…Well, those are determined by the table properties, and that's what we're going…to look at now continuing with our Using LDC Tables project here.…We'll just click anywhere inside our table here in the Memberships topic.…Now we can access the properties by right-clicking.…You'll see Table Properties.…
We can also go to the Table menu, and at the very bottom select Table…Properties from there.…And either way you'll see we have a number of options across the top.…The Table properties tab is selected, because that's where we're going to, but…we can also adjust Row, Column, and Cell properties here as well.…The first thing we're going to do is determine the width of our table, and we…can do that by setting at Preferred width in relation to the width of our page.…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.