A master page is a template that lets you add a header, footer, and standard body content when creating new topics from scratch or to existing topics. Learn how to create master page and apply it to new and existing topics and view the result.
- [Voiceover] Let's say that you decide…that you want to have the standard header, or footer,…or some standard body content in…every single topic in your project.…You could create this one topic at a time,…but that's pretty inefficient.…A better approach is to create a template,…called a Master page, in which you can…specify the header, and/or footer,…and/or the body content,…and apply it to every single topic at once.…Much more efficient way to do it.…Let's see how to create one of these templates,…again, called a master page.…
We're going to create a template, a master page,…that has a company name in the header,…and a copyright statement in the footer.…To do this, the first thing I need to do…is select edit, pods, output set up.…On the output set up pane, I'm going to right-click…on master pages, and select new master page.…It's now asking me for the name of the master page,…which I am going to call Linda Master Page.…
I can also apply a stylesheet to it, right here,…by clicking the appearance tab, which I will do,…
- Creating and opening projects
- Managing topics
- Importing content from HTML, Word, or FrameMaker
- Inserting images
- Creating TOCs, glossaries, and links
- Formatting with CSS
- Creating a single source of content (single sourcing)
- Understanding outputs
Skill Level Beginner
Designing a Magazine Layout (2009)with Nigel French3h 25m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Output concepts2m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.