Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing topics, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
Probably the most important part of any RoboHelp project you create is going to…be the topics, the content, and of course you want well-written and relevant…topics to have any type of useful help system.…Here is an example.…I've opened up something called OpenOffice.org,…it's the Math program, and gone directly to Help, where you see things like a…Contents tab, or the Table of Contents.…There is an Index and a Find tab, typical components of a help system.…If we go to Contents and double-click one of these headings, or books, you can…see it actually opens up the book, displays potentially other books, or topics,…and then double-clicking a topic displays the contents over here on the…right-hand side--a typical help system.…
So how do we get these topics and Tables of Contents and so on?…Well, we start with our topics.…And when we create a brand-new project, a blank project like we did, we get this…one topic, our first topic. We can edit the headline, which appears at the top,…just by simply clicking and typing, and you'll notice that we're actually by…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.