After creating topics, you have to manage them. Learn two common topic managements tasks – renaming a topic and its file if the subject matter’s name changes and deleting a topic that you’re no longer using (and restoring a topic you shouldn’t have deleted in the first place).
- [Instructor] So the first thing we're going to do here,…is look at renaming a topic.…You'd rename a topic literally if the…title of the subject has changed.…Maybe you documented a feature only to find…that the name of the feature has changed.…And it turns out that we want to change…the name of this feature from Milkshake to Frappe.…So what I'm going to do is click on the file…over in the project files list,…and I'll click again to put it into edit mode.…Or you can simply right click and select rename.…
And I'm going to change the name from Milkshake to Frappe.…Press enter and what I do, you notice that the title…over in the topic hasn't changed.…And that's because RoboHelp will not automatically…change the title of an existing topic,…you have to do this by hand.…So you simply select the title,…and type the new title, that's that.…So the second thing we want to do is delete a topic.…You might delete a topic for obvious reasons,…you no longer need it.…And to do that, I have a topic here called DeleteMe,…I'm going to right click it and select delete.…
- Creating and opening projects
- Managing topics
- Importing content from HTML, Word, or FrameMaker
- Inserting images
- Creating TOCs, glossaries, and links
- Formatting with CSS
- Creating a single source of content (single sourcing)
- Understanding outputs
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 36m Beginner
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Output concepts2m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.