A layout is like a “frame” that surrounds the topic content and offers navigation features for HTML5-based online output. Learn about layout concepts in general and see some of the options that RoboHelp offers.
- [Instructor] When you create your output,…you want to have a frame around the topics.…The frame will contain your navigation panes…and various toolbar buttons.…In HTML 5 output, this frame is called a layout.…If you're an old-timer like me, and you remember…the old web help format that RoboHelp supported…and still does support, it was called a skin.…Here it's a layout.…And since we've been discussing lots of different files,…let me just sum up how everything adds together…to generate the finished screen.…
The topic body is controlled by the Cascading Style Sheet,…or CSS, the header and footer are controlled by…the master page, and the upper toolbar pane and the…lefthand navigation pane are controlled by the layout.…So let's go ahead and create one of these in RoboHelp.…So to do this, I am going to create a layout by selecting…Edit, Pods, and I want to go to the output setup pod.…
So I'll click Output Setup and now I'm going to…right-click on Screen Layouts and select--…and there are several options here, the one we want…
- Creating and opening projects
- Managing topics
- Importing content from HTML, Word, or FrameMaker
- Inserting images
- Creating TOCs, glossaries, and links
- Formatting with CSS
- Creating a single source of content (single sourcing)
- Understanding outputs
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Output concepts2m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.