Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing Word documents, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
In the previous lesson, we started a brand-new project based on a PDF file we imported.…We also imported a separate PDF file into our project as its own topic called…Course Details. That's where we left off, still working with our How to Use LDC project.…We are now going to import a Word document, and just like a PDF, we can start a…new project by importing a Word document. Or if we already have the project open…like this, we can simply import it by going to File, down to Import, and then…you'll select Word Document.…
Now if you have got the exercise files, we are going to be 02_05 subfolder of…Chapter 2, where we do find one called latestreleases. Notice it's a .docx file,…one of the new formats for Microsoft Word.…Of course, you can bring in older formats that end with doc, for example.…You can bring in templates as well.…Once you found the file and click Open, you'll now be presented with a dialog…box where it's prompting you for the content settings.…Notice if your document already has a Table of Contents you can choose to…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.