If you get new material written in Word or FrameMaker by subject matter experts who don’t use RoboHelp, you can easily add it to your RoboHelp project. Learn how to import Word or FrameMaker files and see various import options.
- [Voiceover] If you're working with subject matter experts…who give you material to be added to your RoboHelp project…they'll often give it to you in Word format.…So let's take a look at how this works.…It's similar to HTML import…but it does have a few differences.…One of the biggest differences is the nature…of the Word document that you're dealing with.…Here's a sample Word document that contains…one level-one head and two level-two heads.…I can tell RoboHelp to break the incoming document…at different head levels.…
For example, if I said break it every Level One head,…I'm going to get this one topic,…because there's only one, Level One head in the document.…But if I say break it at Level One and Level Two heads,…I get this.…It breaks the incoming Word document…into three separate topics, and it does so automatically.…This is the way to break up a large document.…To demonstrate this procedure, we're going to work…with a pre-defined file, that I created.…You'll find it in the exercise files folder,…under the Resources folder, and it's the document…
- Creating and opening projects
- Managing topics
- Importing content from HTML, Word, or FrameMaker
- Inserting images
- Creating TOCs, glossaries, and links
- Formatting with CSS
- Creating a single source of content (single sourcing)
- Understanding outputs
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 36m Beginner
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Output concepts2m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.