Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing a PDF file, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
Earlier on in this course, we learned how we could import a PDF file to create a…brand-new project from scratch. Well, you can also bring PDF files into existing…projects, and that's what we're going to talk about right now as we continue…working with our How to Use LDC Flash project here.…Now, it really doesn't matter what topic you're looking at. We're going to bring…in the PDF to create the topics that can be then added to our TOC.…So all you do is go up to the File menu, move down to Import, and from the…pop-up menu, we're going to select PDF Document.…
If you have the exercise files, you'll find one called ViewingTraining.pdf in…the 05_04 subfolder. Select that one and click Open.…Now this actually launches a wizard where we have some options we need to select from.…First of all, do we want to create new topics based on styles?…If your PDF document uses styles like headings and normal text, that's a great option.…If the styling is not consistent, it's not the best option.…So you might want to create a single topic.…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.