If you get new material written in HTML format by subject matter experts who use tools like Dreamweaver, you can easily add that material to your RoboHelp project. Learn how to import that HTML material and see various import options.
- [Instructor] Are you working with subject-matter experts…who send you material in HTML form…that you have to import into your RoboHelp project?…Let's take a look at a simple example.…You'll find it in the Exercise Files folder,…under Resources, and here's the file.…It's called, HTML Import Test.…Let's open it up, and here it is.…Very simple, and it's got a Level 1 Head,…2 Level 2 Heads, and some content.…Now let's import it into the RoboHelp project.…If you're just joining us and would like…to follow along, please use the exercise file…called 02_04 RoboHelp Lynda 2015…in the Exercise Files folder.…
So now I'm going to switch over to RoboHelp,…here it is, and let's go ahead and import this file.…So back in RoboHelp, I'm going to click…on the Project menu item,…then I'm going to click on the pull-down under Document…in the Import group, then I'll click on HTML,…and when the Import dialog box opens,…I now have to go find the file that I want to import,…so I'll click on the up one level button,…takes me to the Exercise Files folder, in this case,…
- Creating and opening projects
- Managing topics
- Importing content from HTML, Word, or FrameMaker
- Inserting images
- Creating TOCs, glossaries, and links
- Formatting with CSS
- Creating a single source of content (single sourcing)
- Understanding outputs
Skill Level Beginner
Designing a Magazine Layout (2009)with Nigel French3h 25m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Output concepts2m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.