The hyperlink, or “jump link”, that takes users from source topic A to target topic B is the most commonly used type of link on the web and in RoboHelp projects. Learn how to easily and quickly create hyperlinks.
- [Instructor] One of the most common web types…of navigation is the hyperlink or jump link.…So hyperlinks are very commons,…we see them used all over the place,…including in RoboHelp projects.…And a hyperlink can link from a starting topic…to various types of target topics,…including a topic within the project…or a topic within a different project,…but they can also link to an outside file,…like a PDF, or to an external webpage.…
So they're very flexible and they are…the primary means of navigation.…So let's go ahead and create one.…So I'm going to go back to RoboHelp.…So I'm in the project in RoboHelp,…and I have a topic here called Hyperlinks_Source_Topic,…which I'll double-click to open it.…Here's the topic, and I've got a prompt here…that says Link to Hyperlink Target Topic.…So I'm going to select text that I want to use…as my link text, and now I'm going to select,…up on the menu, Insert, and then in the Links group,…over on the left, I'll click on Hyperlink.…
This opens the Hyperlink dialog box,…and I can now find my target topic,…
- Creating and opening projects
- Managing topics
- Importing content from HTML, Word, or FrameMaker
- Inserting images
- Creating TOCs, glossaries, and links
- Formatting with CSS
- Creating a single source of content (single sourcing)
- Understanding outputs
Skill Level Beginner
Designing a Magazine Layout (2009)with Nigel French3h 25m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Output concepts2m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.