Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing master pages, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
If you're going to be using a Master page in your project of course the big advantage is,…if you need to make adjustments or changes to any of the content in a Master page…and it's been applied to a thousand topics, those topics are…updated automatically.…Let's see how this works.…Looking at any one of our topics, if you've been following along in the How to…Use LDC Skins project here,…at the very bottom of each topic, because we've applied the Master page, we're…seeing copyright information.…Well maybe we got the year wrong;…it really should be 2010.…Well in that case we would want to make a change to the Master not the topics.…
So let's go to our Project Setup pod and if we double-click LDC Master Page,…you'll notice that it opens up over here in our Document pane just like any other topic.…So that means we can go in here and start making changes.…Instead of 2011, really this should be 2010.…So by default we're viewing the body.…Let's to up to View menu and choose Footer.…That gets us inside the Footer where we can change 2011 to 2010.…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.