Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing search highlight color, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
We're going to continue customizing the Skin we created previously called LDC.…And in fact I've gone ahead and made a change.…I've changed the logo so that it's a better sized logo;…you can do the same thing.…Remember to make modifications to a Skin you've created or even one of the…exisiting Skins, just right-click it here in the projects setup and then go down to Edit.…So if you wanted to have the exact same thing I have, you would go to…About, click the pencil to edit and see that I've replaced the previous…logo with ldc_logo2. It's a gif file;…we'll see it when we preview our project momentarily.…
So you'll find that in your Exercise Files in the 11_03 subfolder of…the Chapter11 folder.…But now we're going to move on to the search shading, and what I mean by that is…when you go to search for something in this Help system what's it going to look…like and how do we change it?…Well to test this out all we have to do is go down to WebHelp or Primary Layout,…right-click, and then go up to View.…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.