As you know by now, a project can easily contain thousands and thousands…of topics and when you generate a project all of those topics are going to be compiled.…But what if you want to exclude several topics, or even content from a topic?…To create different versions of a project, you could duplicate the project and…make those changes, but an even better option is to use conditional build tags…where you can pick and choose what's going to be included in a different version of…your project when it's compiled.…That's what we're going to talk about right now using a new project here…called Using LDC Tags.…
You can see I've gone to the Table of Contents here.…I have expanded Troubleshooting and double-clicked Searching FAQs, and this is…where we're going to start.…So let's say that when we generate this project we want to be able to generate…a condensed version that doesn't include every single topic and every bit of…content in those topics.…Starting with our Searching topic here, as we scroll down through the text, we…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.