A project is a container for the content files, images, movies, and control files that make up your outputs. Learn how you can create a new project from scratch or by importing Word, Framemaker, HTML, even PDF files, and how to close and re-open an existing project.
- [Narrator] In this video, you'll learn how…to create a new RoboHelp project…and how to open and close an existing one.…You can create a new project in various ways,…including by importing a Word document,…a FrameMaker document, a DITA document,…importing a project created in an older online help format,…or by creating it from scratch in RoboHelp,…which is what we'll do in this module.…So, I'm going to go to RoboHelp…and I'm going to create the new project by…clicking the blank project icon in the Create group.…
This is going to open up the New Project Wizard,…which is asking me for some basic information…needed to get the project going.…First thing it's asking for is the title of the project,…which I'm going to call RoboLynda.…You notice that it automatically…uses the title as the file name,…which means this is going to be the file name…for all the control files that make up the project.…It's asking for the location in…which to store the project files…and I precreated a folder called RoboLynda…and we're going to use that.…
- Creating and opening projects
- Managing topics
- Importing content from HTML, Word, or FrameMaker
- Inserting images
- Creating TOCs, glossaries, and links
- Formatting with CSS
- Creating a single source of content (single sourcing)
- Understanding outputs
Skill Level Beginner
Designing a Magazine Layout (2009)with Nigel French3h 25m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Output concepts2m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.