Glossaries are common in technical material, both printed and online. You can create a topic for use as a glossary, but a glossary tab may be a better approach. Learn the benefits of using a glossary tab and how to create one.
- [Instructor] It's common in many companies…to have glossaries for users or for employees…and you can create an online glossary through RoboHelp.…So RoboHelp gives you two ways to create the glossary.…One way is to create it as a topic…and list that glossary topic…in the table of contents tab like you see here.…The problem here is that the glossary as a topic…doesn't really stand out well.…Users have to look for it.…The other way is to literally create the glossary…as a separate tab like you see here…and this is visually much stronger.…
So the only reason that you would have…to create a glossary as a topic…would be if you have any glossary terms…whose definitions are longer than one text paragraph.…If you have any terms whose definitions…require two or more text paragraphs,…bulleted lists, numbered lists, formatting, graphics, links,…anything other than one paragraph…you have to create them as a separate topic.…So let's go ahead and create a glossary tab in RoboHelp.…
So you notice on the Project Manager on the left…
- Creating and opening projects
- Managing topics
- Importing content from HTML, Word, or FrameMaker
- Inserting images
- Creating TOCs, glossaries, and links
- Formatting with CSS
- Creating a single source of content (single sourcing)
- Understanding outputs
Skill Level Beginner
Designing a Magazine Layout (2009)with Nigel French3h 25m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Output concepts2m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.