Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and adding snippets, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
In the previous lesson, we learned how much time we can save by creating a…user-defined variable for simple text that might be repeated throughout our project.…In our example, we use copyright information, a single line of text. What if you…need more than that? Maybe multiple paragraphs of content. Maybe that content…needs to be formatted using DHTML and even other higher-end code.…Maybe it needs to contain a pop-up or even a table.…Well, in those cases you can use something called a snippet, which works very…much like a variable but gives you all those additional options.…
So we're going to continue working with using LDC tags project here, and we're…going to start by accessing the Snippets pod.…You can click the tab at the bottom of the Project Manager pod; it's there by default.…If you've changed your view though-- you're not using the default view--you can…access it from the View menu.…Notice there are no items to show by default. We need to create our snippets,…and that's we're going to do by clicking the first button on the toolbar, Create New Snippet.…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.