Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a PDF for review, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
If you need people to review your project, maybe comment on what they see and…they don't have access to RoboHelp or access to your project itself, another…option is to generate or create a PDF for their review and that's what we're…going to do right now as we continue with our How to Use LDC Review project.…The nice thing about doing this is that they use the free Adobe Reader to review…your project and you can even enable commenting, meaning they can add their…comments right from Adobe Reader.…Now, of course if you're going to do that you want to make sure you're not…making any changes to your project while they have the PDF for review.…
Wait until you get those comments back and then start making changes to your project.…So just before we create the PDF for review we should talk about statuses as well.…Let's go down to our Topic List, right- click Welcome, for example, and you'll…see Status right at the bottom of that pop-up menu.…Notice it's in progress, but there's another status here that might be helpful…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.