Conditions are indicated in a project by markers called build tags that you can assign to anything from one letter in a word to a paragraph, a graphic, an entire topic, and more in order to extract specific categories later to create a particular output. Learn about how to create, assign, and use build tags.
- [Narrator] Conditional build tags are easy to create…and apply, as you'll see.…So let's take a look at the topic…that we're going to use to illustrate this,…it's called Condition Test Topic.…I've got three paragraphs,…but I want this middle paragraph…to be conditionalized so that I can show it or hide it…depending on the output that I want to generate.…So what I do is I click up on the menu on Edit,…click on Pods,…and I want the Conditional Build Tag pod,…so I'll select that.…
It's going to open up in the left-hand pane.…And I'll click the Create a conditional build tag icon.…When I get the New Conditional Build Tag dialog box…for the name I'll just call it Demo,…and I can control what color gets used for the little flag.…The default for the third one is blue,…but as you'll see if I click on it,…I have access to the complete palette.…So for now,…I'll just stick with blue.…Click on OK,…and here's my tag.…
So now let's go ahead and apply this.…So I'm just going to reselect the Project Manager,…so I can see all my topics.…
- Creating and opening projects
- Managing topics
- Importing content from HTML, Word, or FrameMaker
- Inserting images
- Creating TOCs, glossaries, and links
- Formatting with CSS
- Creating a single source of content (single sourcing)
- Understanding outputs
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Output concepts2m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.