Conditionality lets you put topics and other project elements into categories and then select specific categories to be used for specific outputs. This makes it possible to create outputs customized for US, Canadian, and EU users from a single project, for example. Learn about condition concepts.
- [Narrator] Conditional build tags…are one of the foundation features…behind single sourcing.…So let's take a look at what they are.…When I'm working in a project,…there are two ways in which I can do conditionality…or conditionalization.…When I'm working in a project,…I can work with conditions in two ways.…I can either apply a condition to a topic,…like you see here A, B, etc.…Or I can not apply a condition to a topic.…If a topic has a condition,…I can manipulate it on output.…
I can tell RoboHelp to include that topic…or exclude it.…If I don't apply a condition to a topic,…that topic is always included.…So for example, if I want to generate…U.S. and Canadian output,…but some of the material applies to both.…Then I would flag my topics as U.S. only,…or Canadian only or none.…And when I then go to generate output A,…I say include anything that's marked as A;…that's conditionalized as A.…
And as you see it includes everything…that has the A condition applied to it,…and everything that has no condition applied.…Same thing for output B.…
- Creating and opening projects
- Managing topics
- Importing content from HTML, Word, or FrameMaker
- Inserting images
- Creating TOCs, glossaries, and links
- Formatting with CSS
- Creating a single source of content (single sourcing)
- Understanding outputs
Skill Level Beginner
Designing a Magazine Layout (2009)with Nigel French3h 25m Intermediate
Word 2013: Creating Long Documentswith Maria Langer3h 19m Appropriate for all
MadCap Flare 12 Essential Trainingwith Neil Perlin3h 37m Beginner
1. Basic Concepts
2. Creating Content Using Topics
4. Add Formatting
5. Single Sourcing
6. Understanding Outputs vs. Targets
Output concepts2m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.