Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Collaboration options in AIR applications, part of RoboHelp 9 HTML Essential Training.
If you're going to be generating your project using the Adobe AIR Single Source…Layout, you have some additional options for collaborating and making your…project more interactive.…Let's go to the Single Source Layouts pod with our How to Use LDC Review Project…still open here, and double-click Adobe AIR.…This is going to open up a dialog where we see Adobe AIR.…We're about to save and generate our project, but we're going to click…collaboration in the left-hand pane first to look at some of the options.…
For example, something that only applies to Adobe AIR is to enable Topic Rating,…where users of your Help system can go through a topic and actually rate it.…You can also enable commenting from here, so users can actually comment on…topics, and you can enable comment moderation as well.…If you do that, you'll want to go down a little bit further and set a moderator…password, for example, and notice in the Network folder section we need to…choose a location to store this information.…It could also be a RoboHelp server, if you're using that software as well.…
- Touring the interface and workspaces
- Creating a project and importing content
- Auto-creating a TOC
- Merging help projects
- Generating FlashHelp output
- Controlling page layout with tables and DHTML
- Creating indexes, search terms, and glossary terms
- Building forms with buttons and check boxes
- Controlling output with conditional text
- Creating skins and master pages
- Reviewing projects and managing comments and changes
- Applying ActiveX controls
- Generating printed documents
Skill Level Beginner
Q: When I insert the ActiveX Calendar control and try to hide the title by setting the ShowTitle property to false, the title is not removed and remains visible. Why is this happening?
A: There are many ActiveX controls available and many versions of a control may exist. Different versions of a control can behave differently. Certain properties may work in one version of a control and not in another. ActiveX controls can be installed on your computer by different programs other than RoboHelp, such as Microsoft Excel and Access. In this title, version 11.0 of the Calendar control is used. If you are using a different version of the Calendar control, the ShowTitle property may not work properly. Go to www.microsoft.com to learn more about ActiveX controls and their properties.
1. Getting to Know RoboHelp
2. Creating WebHelp Projects
3. Merging Projects
4. Formatting Topics
5. Creating FlashHelp Projects
6. Using Graphics and Multimedia
7. Using Tags, Variables, and Snippets
Using multiple TOCs2m 56s
8. Working with Tables and DHTML
9. Working with Indexes and Searches
10. Using Forms and Frames
11. Using Skins and Master Pages
12. Reviewing Projects and Collaborating
13. Using ActiveX Controls
14. Generating Printed Documents
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.